UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
+ Reply to Thread
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Posted by Ken B:
    these are terrific pics for those of us who remember those times,thanks again.
    ...and also for those of us who don't, Ken.

Mortis, I'd like to add my thanks for your time and patience in posting them for us to enjoy. Great images!

Thanks for the thanks. It's hard work this, I'm about half way through the collection will post a few more when I get the chance. I've got some shots that are guaranteed to knock you sideways!

Ped I've just stumbled on another shot of the café

Fab pictures, Mortis. Thanks so much

That last pic of the cafe - I remember sitting on that slope next to it. I must have only been aged about 4, and a pupil at St Marie's school (oh my word, that was 40 and a bit years ago) The nuns let us go down there in the summer.

What a trip down Memory Lane - just brilliant.
    When you fall down,you wonder what else you can do while you're down there -
    Great Truths about Growing Old

I had forgotten all about that cafe, and the slope down to the sand. My brother and I used play for hours under that cafe, most w/e's. Just in the distance you can see peter pans, that was were I may have met my wife, although I didn't know it at the time. Our parents used take us to the play area and leave us with nanny foster, while they went shopping. It was only after I started dating my wife, I found out her mum and dad did the same with her and her siblings. Great pictures bring back great memories.
    ianpeter

Thanks Mortis... THAT is just as I remember it.....

If it was too hot you could sit under the shade of the café to cool off.

Oh yes and the sand there was great.... dry and golden.... best sands of all (now hidden underneath Matalan.)!!!
    I may be old but I ain't stupid..!!!
    http://www.sdlbl.btck.co.uk
    Clipart

Quote Originally Posted by pedoja
    Thanks Mortis... THAT is just as I remember it.....
    Exactly how I remember it too. Thanks from me an'all.

again great stuff, is there any pics of the guy who used to dive off a high board into a wet sponge? i think he only had one arm & one leg, his name was powsey or something similar.g'day from oz.

There was someone else, will try to find a pic. Don't think Powsey was the one legged one tho (may be mistaken).

I may be old but I ain't stupid..!!!
    http://www.sdlbl.btck.co.uk
    Clipart

Peter Pans

Dose any one remember the sand artist that used to be at the bottom of the bank between the lake, and the café on the slope by Peter pan

Don't think Prof Powsey was armless - he may have been legless after drinking a few but I didn't know him that well. Here's a few more, infact there's a picture of him at the end of my next post - seems like a handy guy to have with you.

and a couple more

Great pics again, I have never heard about the "The Diver", it never ceases to amaze me what used to happen in Southport. The pics of the pier reminded me of watching my uncles fishing of the end. Great memories.
    ianpeter

Glad you like.

In light of current events, I thought it appropriate to resurrect this thread just to show what we will miss
    Busy at the allotment

Custom Search